Founding Mothers T-shirt - KidsStately Type
The Stately Type Founding Mothers kids t-shirt graphic features the first names of a few of the USA's most notable Founding Mothers (see details below) in red and blue on an ice blue, 100% cotton kid's crewneck tee.
- Martha Washington was the inaugural First Lady of the United States.
- Mary Katherine Goddard was a publisher, postmaster, and first printer of the Declaration of Independence to include the names of the signatories (including her own name as publisher).
- Mary Ludwig Hays, after her husband collapsed in the Battle of Monmouth, took his place at the cannon. She's believed to be the inspiration for the folk heroine "Molly Pitcher."
- Betsy Ross was credited with making the first "stars and stripes" U.S. Flag.
- Abigail Adams was the wife and closest advisor of John Adams, and the mother of John Quincy Adams. She is sometimes considered to have been a Founder of the United States. She was the first Second Lady and second First Lady of the United States.
- Phillis Wheatley was the first published African-American female poet.
- Penelope Barker was an activist during the American Revolution who organized the Edenton Tea Party (1774 boycott of British goods).
We create a new tee like this every week—follow Stately Type on Instagram if you'd like to play along.
- Available in unisex crewneck and unisex v-neck
- 60% combed ring-spun cotton 40% polyester
- Designed and screened in the USA